Sorry for the recent silence on this blog of mine. I still haven’t gotten internet set up at my new place yet! Crazy right? Well, I’m calling the company we chose today, but in the meantime I still really wanted to write something up, so here you go. I’m tethering with my phone to upload this to you. I love ya that much!
What I have to share with you today is a delicious salad that is easy and great to take with you on the go. It’s a flavorful salad due to the curry! It is so good though, trust me. The homemade dressing is only a couple of ingredients and way healthier than any soybean oil crap you could find at a salad bar or in the grocery store. If you pre-cook the chicken the night before, it’s really simple to throw this together in the morning before work, trust me I did it twice last week! The chicken also cooks really quickly when sliced, only takes 5 – 10 minutes. Take the avocado whole with you too, so you can have it fresh when it’s time to eat!
I tried to keep the ingredient list short for this one, in order to keep it easy breezy for lunches at work.
- 1 Chicken Breast, sliced (cook more for leftovers if you want!)
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce, or other salad lettuce of your choice
- 1 mini cucumber
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tsp. mild curry powder
- ½ tsp. mild curry powder
- 1 tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. coconut milk
- Cut the chicken breast into small strips. Season with roughly 1 teaspoon of curry powder and cook in a frying pan on medium heat in about 1 tbsp. coconut oil until cooked through.
- Chop up and wash the lettuce. Chop the cucumber. Chop the avocado if eating immediately if not keep whole until its time to eat!
- Layer the salad: Lettuce cucumber, avocado, chicken. Then pour the dressing on top and enjoy!
- Spoon 1 tbsp. tomato paste into small bowl or container. Add 1 small tsp. coconut milk. Add 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar and ½ tsp. curry powder. Mix together and serve.
The reason I love this salad is it packs so much flavor without a lot of ingredients. Apple Cider Vinegar has a lot of health benefits as well, so its good to have that in your dressing sometimes as opposed to just balsamic. Chicken salad with plain olive oil and balsamic will get repetitive after a while, I PROMISE you!
I also like that its easy for people who don’t have a lot of time like me. I have been so busy trying to unpack and all of that lately that I have felt like I was a zombie. Today is my first day off alone and I am so thankful for it, I needed it! I was still able to pack this salad to bring to work this past week, so you know it is doable! I know I’ve been whining a lot about this move but it’s not all bad. Check out the badass sunset we had the other day above! That’s our view. The shiny stuff in the middle of the black is the Ottawa river. LOVE it!!! So happy.