Today I have another easy meal for you. Treats are great and all but what we should really be eating everyday is healthy meat and vegetables! Unfortunately it’s easy to get bored with that, and fall off track, unless you have recipes like this on hand to spice things up!
Stuffed chicken is a great way to add flavour to a type of meat that can get boring pretty quickly. Most recipes online are full of dairy and other stuff though, which isn’t too helpful to us now, is it? Luckily for us, I’ve come up with a delicious filling that will spice up your dinner without any garbage ingredients! Serve it with some fresh vegetables – any kind will do!
I made this with thighs that I deboned but I think if you were to slit a cut into a chicken breast and stuff the filling in, it would be good as well. I recommend the thigh though, because it is juicy and delicious! You can do this with skin on or off as well! I also think this would be good inside of a butterflied pork tenderloin…ohh yeaaah. I haven’t tested either of those options out yet though so proceed at your own risk! And report back.
The filling ends up being almost cheesy. It has a rich flavour and it is seriously just GOOD. So try it out and tell me what you think!
- ¼ c cashews
- ½ medium white onion
- 1 c greens – I used a greens mix, plain spinach would work too
- 4 chicken thighs, deboned
- ½ tsp. each: paprika, garlic powder, salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- If you do not have boneless thighs, remove the bones using a sharp knife and set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
- in a food processor, combine the cashews, onion, and greens. Chop until it forms a thick paste with no large chunks in it.
- lay out the chicken thighs and plop some mixture into each thigh. Roll it up and secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle the spices on top.
- bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet for 40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads the proper temperature, between 165- 175 degrees.
There you go! I hope you thoroughly enjoy if you decide to try this one out!