Hello lovely readers! I have something fun for you today. I mean just look up for a second, that’s fun right?! It’s not really a recipe…maybe you could call it a recipe update and a new fun way to eat it!
Did you ever see my post for pancakes made only out of banana and egg and some coconut flakes? I love that recipe for it’s simplicity but it is even easier with just a tbsp of coconut flour thrown in there instead of the flakes! That’s what this recipe involves. It also involves stacking. And almond butter, and blueberries, and making your breakfast look like a layer cake.
Its funny, I tried making a stack of pancakes one day, and then I ate the same thing for FOUR days in a row. I say to my boyfriend “I don’t know why but I am obsessed with these pancakes stacks” He says “It’s because it’s like you are eating cake for breakfast.” A light bulb went off. He was so right! Its pretty fun to pretend you are eating cake for breakfast when really its basically just eggs, a banana, and some other fruit on top.
Also, If you are on the 21 Day Sugar Detox, try making these with a green tipped banana and without the blueberries on top! Instant fun breakfast idea
So try it out next time you are making paleo pancakes. STACK THOSE THINGS UP! You won’t regret it. And if they are all different sizes just make a pyramid stack! It’s all good. Any shaped stack will still be delightful!
- 2 eggs
- 1 mashed banana
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- Coconut oil to fry
- Almond Butter
- 2 – 3 tbsp frozen blueberries
- Mash the banana and whisk with the eggs. Stir in vigorously the coconut flour and vanilla extract, until the batter is pretty much smooth (a few lumps are fine and hard to avoid!)
- Heat a skillet to medium and melt some coconut oil. Plop the pancake batter down, for uniform pancakes I like to use a ¼ cup measuring spoon.
- Cook the pancakes until the top side looks pretty much set (not jiggly) and then flip. Continue cooking for 1 minutes, remove and put on plate.
- Repeat the above process until all are done, then put one on a plate, smear it with a bit of almond butter, and repeat until they are all stacked on top of each other.
- In a glass ramekin, microwave the frozen blueberries for 25 seconds, or until warm and releasing juices. You can also just add them to the pan after all the pancakes are removed and heat them that way, it should take about a minute. Pour on top of the pancake stack and ENJOY!!!
I wish I was having these again right now. I really do. Instead though I’m sitting here with a banana and homework! Oh that glorious homework stack. It never ends. EVER! On the plus side though I now know a LOT about vitamins and minerals, and I can’t wait to do some fun fact posts about them!! If that’s something you would like to see let me know in the comments below! Merci. Have a good monday!