Good morning guys!
Wow, It has been a while! I have been so busy preparing for this weekend. I am trying to get ahead in my schoolwork, so I can actually take a break for my mental health this weekend away at the cottage. Unfortunately that requires a bit of cramming to be done, considering I was weeks behind…about a week ago! So that’s where I’ve been. Nose to paper.
I don’t think I have even recapped the 21DSD yet, wow. I am so sorry for being so MIA! I see my favorite pages posting on facebook 10 – 20 times a day and I feel…neglectful. But I am but one young student, trying to make a difference, so I guess I should remind myself of that once in a while, maybe?
I was going to post about spaghetti today but I just changed my mind. Literally, right now I changed it. I don’t want to talk about spaghetti. I want to talk about PIZZA!
This is not a recipe for pizza, hold your horses! This is a recipe for some healthy breakfast eggs that deliver every single flavour of pizza – without having to make a labour intensive crust. I definitely want to get in on the gluten free pizza game, but for now, these eggs are A M A Z I N G! I feel really bad because I have been holding on to this one for months! Sometimes it just doesn’t feel right to post certain things at certain times, I know it’s weird! Today is just the TIME for these pizza eggs!
Perhaps it’s because I am in a ‘get things done’ mode. I really want to just clear out old things! And this recipe is an old thing. It has been waiting since JUNE to get published. Whoops! If you guys could see all of the food photos piling up on my hard drive…you’d probably pin me down and force me to spew out the recipes to each one. Just sayin. It’s pretty ridiculous. Trust me, the lack of posting has absolutely nothing to do with lack of recipes…much more with lack of time and brain power!
- 2 tbsp chopped Green pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped white onion
- 1 tsp oil (I used duck fat…always do!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 – 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp pizza spices (*equal parts dried: oregano, basil, marjoram, garlic powder)
- sprinkle of salt
- 4 –5 slices fresh salami or favorite pizza topping
- Sprinkle of cheese (I used Kerry Gold Irish Aged Cheddar)
- Chop up onion and green pepper, and sauté in duck fat or your cooking oil of choice until soft over medium low heat. Crack the eggs on top and let the yolks break (a mini circle pan works best for this).
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, mix the tomato paste, pizza spices, and salt.
- Cook until top of eggs are basically firm, flip. After the flip, spread the tomato paste mixture on top, and layer the salami and cheese on top of that.
- Place a lid on and continue cooking just until cheese gets melty, 1 or 2 minutes. If you have cast iron you could also briefly place it under the broiler in your oven to melt the cheese.
- Remove and eat that thing UP!
*note: you could triple or quadruple the recipe and do this in a larger pan to feed more people!*
I hope you enjoy this recipe! It gives you the flavours of pizza in a short amount of time, which is awesome. I’m pretty sure the entire brick of cheese I bought went directly on top of eggs like this. It is just too good!
Well, it’s time for me to get back to studying and getting ready for a nice cottage weekend! I really hope we have good weather to wind down the summer with. That would be great (are you listening, universe?)
I’m hoping to be back on monday or tuesday with a post for you! Until then you can follow me below where I am much better at updating!