These olives are an award winning dish. Award winning in the minds of my family, at least. PLUS everyone else that I pushed these onto, forcing them to be my guinea pigs. I had a grey cup (go riders!) party (aka family get together) to attend and actually had the nerve to bring a never-before-tried recipe. They allll loved em, thank goodness! What was I thinking? Probably that there was no way this could go wrong.
These are definitely going to be my new go-to potluck fare. They’re quick, easy, and a crowd pleaser, and not too pricey either, which is always a plus in my book. They’re also going to taste so delicious that no one will even notice that you’re eating a lot of olives and not a whole lot of pasta salad.
I recommend that you make these pretty close to potluck time. They are so good you will be tempted to eat them all before they ever leave your front door.
Just an FYI, these would also be perfect for:
Paleo Christmas Appetizers
Paleo Game Day
Paleo midnight snacks
Paleo snacks at any moment
Paleo St Patricks day party (GREEN OLIVES)
Paleo baby shower (why not)
Paleo Valentines day (food is the way to a mans heart)
OKAY, You get it. I get it. Let’s do this.
*skip the sprinkle of sugar and these are 21DSD friendly as long as you are using a good bacon!*
- 1lb of bacon (cleanest you can afford, pastured is best!a little less is fine, you may have extras)
- ~30 olives, mix of black and green, or just black
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- Fill 2 small bowls with water. In one, soak the olives, and in the other, soak the toothpicks. Let soak for 30+ min. This is to reduce saltiness / oiliness of the olives! also to make sure your toothpicks don’t light on fire.
- Rinse the olives and strain the toothpicks.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the bacon into 2 inch pieces.
- Wrap each olive with 1 piece of the bacon, secure with a toothpick, and set on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Repeat for all olives. Bake for 15 minutes, remove, sprinkle lightly with the coconut sugar, and return back to oven for another 10 – 15 minutes (check for level of crispiness! I’m sure different bacons have different cooking times)
- Serve immediately, or if reheating is necessary pop in the oven at the same temperature for 5 minutes.
ENJOY! I know you will. I don’t even like olives and I’m addicted to these things.
DROOL. K bye.