Usually all of my recipes have a nice long write up about why they’re so great, and why I am sharing them, and what’s new in my life.
This recipe will not have that. I’m too stinkin tired. I started a new job this week and the training is taking everything out of me. I’m sleeping 9+ hours and still waking up drained. I’m skipping 90% of my workouts. Just can’t do it. I’m actually writing this in between straightening my hair in the morning before work. That’s the kind of time I have.
So. Savory pancakes. They’re great, right? did you like my recipe for zucchini bacon pancakes? If so, you’ll like this one too I think. It’s not so bacony (obviously, there isn’t any bacon), but it’s still delicious. And still green! I’m still going with the green madness! All green all January was my promise, and I will deliver.
In fact, I already have 2 other recipes in the queue to be shared for greens in January too. TOO much stuff to post, NO FREAKING TIME! so onto these pancakes. Because seriously, I’ve been drafting this post for 3 days.
- 2 medium heads of broccoli (about 2 heaping cups)
- 1 small white onion
- 3 eggs
- ¼ c coconut flour
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- duck fat or other fat for cooking (make it ovo-vegetarian by using a non-animal based fat)
- In a food processor pulverize the broccoli and onion until they;re in very small pieces. Transfer to a bowl.
- in the bowl, mix together with the remaining ingredients except the duck fat. Mix until a batter is formed.
- In a frying pan, heat the duck fat. Drop roughly ¼ c portions onto the pan as pancakes. Let cook for about 3 – 4 minutes on low on each side, flipping very carefully. You want it to get some color on the sides.
- Serve with your side of choice – meat, more eggs, or fruit. It’s up to you!
- You can also serve with a dollop of grass-fed butter if you’re feeling fancy!
There we go! Broccoli pancakes…who would’ve thought it would be so easy and so tasty? A great way to eat a ton of broccoli in one go. I used my new food processor which is a TANK to make these…such an awesome gift! If you’re reading this parents, thanks <3