I’ve been meaning to post these for over a week so it is just plain TIME right now! I have the day off so I am free to write and edit and whatnot. It’s go time. I’ve got simon and garfunkel blasting and I feel ready,
Sweet potato fries are literally one of my favorite foods of all time. It’s crazy to me that I never even tried sweet potatoes until my late teens (I think). I was missing so much goodness for so long. the horror!
Usually I just make them with some salt, duck/bacon fat, and chili powder but the other day I wanted something just a bit different. Same delicious base, but a different spice profile. Enter: Curry powder. AKA the best thing ever. I knew it would be good as soon as the idea popped into my head, and it did not disappoint. They were just as good when I remade them the very next day, too.
Curry powder + coconut flour = awesome coated fries. It’s really easy too! I added in some cayenne as well for extra heat, but then we dip it in a delicious paleo mayo dip! Coriander and mint become almost citrus-y and completely refreshing on the palette. Dangit, I am IN LOVE WITH THIS COMBO!
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice potatoes into thin wedges or strips. Melt bacon grease (if you let it sit on the oven in a glass dish while the oven is heated it usually melts itself!), and toss it and the fries into a medium bowl. make sure each fry is coated in the grease.
- in a small bowl, mix together the spices and coconut flour for the coating. Add this to the medium bowl and toss the fries until all are covered.
- arrange in 1 layer on the baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake on one side for 20 minutes, flip, and bake for another 20 minutes.
- When done, serve with mayo:
2 tbsp paleo mayo
1/2 tsp dried coriander
1.2 tsp dried mint
Make or use paleo mayo, and then simply mix the 3 ingredients together in a small dish. You can double the recipe if you want more, depending on how many fries you made.
I hope you guys like this one! I am in love!
PS. If you only eat 1/2 a cup you can eat these on athletes/pregnancy mods on 21DSD!