Do you ever try a dish and you LOVE it but you can’t make out what the flavours actually are? Then you try to google it and still can’t find ONE recipe that seems like what you are looking for?
Isn’t that the most frustrating thing!?
That’s like me with this butternut. They make something similar at farmboy which i LOVE, but I couldn’t find a recipe let alone an ingredient list ANYWHERE. So. I did what I had to do and winged it. And I have to say I am 100% pleased with the results!
It’s sweet and savoury all in one. It’s a side dish to rival all other side dishes. It even tastes good with pulled pork which I was really not expecting!
Give it a try and I hope you like it! Make sure you peel the butternut squash well as sometimes the peel can leave a bitter flavor. Also, use gloves if you are prone to getting weiiiird painful butternut squash hands. If it happens to you, you know what I’m talking about.
- 1 butternut, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/3 c raisins
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- .5-1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp herbes de provence
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix together in a 9×9 baking dish the butternut squash, onion, coco oil, herbs, and salt, and bake for 25 mins, stirring once
- Remove from the oven and add in raisins, stir again, bake another 15 min
- Drizzle on balsamic and stir one last time, bake 5 mins, done!
PS. Sorry this is a bit late to those of you who were waiting! I had these grandiose ideas that I could work until 6, come home, cook dinner, do my workout, do my homework, and still have time to post this. That didn’t happen and I do apologize!