Today I have an AMAZING paleo kale salad recipe to share with you. Really. This is the kale salad for the kale haters. I’m telling you. Personally, even I am not the biggest fan of raw kale. But this salad makes it work! My boyfriend and 2 other friends who we BBQ’d with this weekend can attest to that! I’d say it made a perfect paleo side dish recipe. It may be the best kale salad ever.
I think what makes it good is putting the kale leaves through the food processor. This leaves them in tiny pieces which are easier to eat and chew and love. Mini chunks of avocado hold the whole thing together, making it easy to eat even on a windy day. I’m seriously obsessed with this salad and I know you will be too! It’s amazing.
My boyfriend (it was his first time eating kale) even told me that he loved it and would be open to eating it as a side again and that I should REALLY keep that in mind. Yeaahh…I’m going to take that as a hint. He wants this salad again asap. There were zero leftovers as well so that’s always a good sign!
Sweet and Tangy Kale Salad
Total Time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 6
Per Serving 283 calories
Fat 21 g
Carbs 26 g
Protein 4 g
- 1 large bunch of kale, washed and stems removed
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 1 avocado, diced finely
- 2/3 cup shopped raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor, pulse the kale until it is in pretty small pieces. 1 cm or smaller.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Pour in the oil, maple syrup, salt, and lemon juice and massage into the leaves, fully coating everything.
- Stir in the avocado, raisins, pecans, red onion, mixing well. Serve as a delicious side dish to any meal!
You can’t go wrong with this one and I really hope you love it! Let me know if you try it out.
This salad was inspired by Food babe’s Melt in your mouth kale salad.
Have a great week everyone.