Hey guys! I have a super easy and delicious recipe again for you today! That is my specialty, isn’t it?
Before I get into this dip though I just wanted to talk to you about something.
Just kidding! This is actually about something super exciting and that we need your help on! I have been speaking with a lovely lady name Hana, and she is trying to start up a company that would allow us Canadians to have access to Paleo Products that right now are just out of reach. We have already gotten a ton of feedback on which products you Canadians are missing, but if you have any more ideas please share them in the comments below! Hopefully this project will come together and we will all have better access to good foods! How awesome would that be!? Pretty darn awesome I’d say.
So now back to the dip. This recipe was inspired by one of the 21DSD mods, Rebekah. She posted a yummy looking indian eggplant chutney recipe that I really wanted to try! However, it was full of ingredients I didn’t have on hand and my eggplant was wilting rapidly so I needed to improvise. My premixed fajita spices LITERALLY fell from the sky (aka my cupboard) and suddenly I knew what to do. Replace the Indian flavors with Mexican ones! In the end it turned out great and I made it really simple to throw together! I just love this dip. I dipped carrots and white turnips in there and it was just divine!
This is a great BEAN free dip you can enjoy as a snack all 21DSD long, and after too of course! It’s a great way to spice up those veggies that may be getting a bit boring to you! I know I’ll love carrots forever, but I especially love them with this dip. I hope you enjoy it!
My spice mix:
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 eggplant
- 1 small white onion
- 2 tomatoes
- squeeze of lemon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp fajita powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Chop up your onion and tomato.
- heat the coconut oil in a large pan on medium. Add the onion and tomatoes.
- Now that those are started chop the eggplant and add that as well. It browns very quickly so this is why we chop it right before use.
- Add spices, and cook until everything is soft, roughly 10 – 15 minutes. I like to put a cover on the pan to hurry this up and keep in the moisture. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Let cool. Place everything in a food processor and blend until it has a thin consistency. Remove from food processor, taste, and re-spice if necessary. You can also sprinkle the spices on top when you serve.
- Dip vegetables into it, such as carrots, white turnips, tomatoes, broccoli, bell peppers, cauliflower etc.
So that’s that! I hope that this will be a delicious snack you can have conveniently on hand for the 21 Day Sugar Detox! I’m very happy knowing this is in my fridge waiting for me! Now I just need to find some more veggies to dip in it! I am fresh out of carrots, NOOOOOOOO!
PS. I am working on uploading all of the latest vlogs today, so stay tuned to my youtube channel MKAY?!
In the vlogs I talk about the struggles of the 21DSD, some snack ideas, my triumphs, lots of tips, and more so I hope they are worth checking out!
Have a great weekend Loves!